Thursday, May 26, 2011

10 Minutes is 9 min. 50 seconds Too Many






Hey everyone, SHIT! (So Happy It's Thursday)

Hope you're all having a wonderful day. T-minus 2 months and counting until Baby Andersen arrives. Trine and I are very excited about the birth of our son. Not sure how much blogging I will be doing for a while, so I am just trying to get some thoughts down before all of my thoughts are consumed by the baby. Here's a few of them!

Ke$ha $uck$



This morning at the gym, a Kesha song came on the overhead speaker. As I vomited just a little bit into my mouth, I thought of something I read recently:

On Ultimate-Guitar.com , there was an article about how Kesha, despite actually making music that I wouldn’t force a deaf person to sit through, is actually a big rock n’ roll fan. Ok, so am I supposed to be impressed by this? On a website whose main audience is musicians and fans of rock n’ roll music, why should we care about this, especially when her music is the furthest thing from rock n’ roll. She could be the biggest metal head out there, she still makes horrific music. If you ask me, her main influences seem to be Lady Gaga and the sounds of a sick cat being tortured through auto-tune.

In full disclosure, I have only heard 2 or 3 songs from Kesha, so about 10 minutes, which happens to be 9 minutes and 50 seconds more than I needed to realize this woman’s music is the soundtrack to being eaten alive from the inside out by some sorta of horrifying bacteria.

Oh speaking of bacteria, if she brushes her teeth with Jack Daniels, I can't imagine her oral hygeine being all that good.

By the way, what exactly does it mean to wake up feeling like P. Diddy? How does a white girl wake up feeling like a rich black man? Did she wake up missing Biggie Smalls? Did she perhaps wake up thinking about sampling a classic rock song into some awful inane hip hop song? I’d like some clarification. Wait, no I don’t. I just want her to go away.

Motorcyclists Need to Watch out for Me

So after the gym, I began driving to work. On my way I saw a bumper sticker saying “Watch out for Motorcycles”, which reminded me a bumper sticker I saw that said “Look Twice for Motorcycles” and sometimes electronic billboards on the highways display similar warnings. I shake my head at this. I don’t know about other places in this country, but down here in lovely south Florida, motorcyclists do not give a flying fuck. The weave in and out of traffic at 90 mph, they drive in the breakdown lane, they avoid and break traffic laws, and many of them don’t wear a helmet while doing so. Now I have no desire to cause any accidents, but I guess I just chuckle at the idea of being warned to take care for the safety of these people, when they obviously don’t care about their own safety. Am I reading it wrong? Maybe the bumper stickers are to warn those in cars to watch out, i.e. "Watch Out for Motorcyles Or You Might Get Killed."

Can you google "Guilty"?

So down here in Florida, there is a trial going on for a woman named Casey Anthony who allegedly (and in this case “allegedly” can be swapped out with “obviously”) killed her young daughter. This is, oddly, not the worst thing that I’ve heard of a parent down here doing to their child.

Now, young Caylee went missing in June 2008 after leaving her grandparent’s house with her murderer…err, mother. Her grandmother reported her missing in July 2008. Casey Anthony, in between clubbing and hot body contests, told police that her daughter was taken by a babysitter…one that no other friend or family member had ever seen. In fact, the so-called babysitter denies even knowing Casey or Caylee Anthony. Oops.

An old boyfriend testified that during the time Caylee was supposedly missing, Casey never mentioned it to anyone. An entry in Casey’s diary at around the time the child would have died talks about having no regrest and finally being happy, but hoping everything turns out ok. Now, they can’t 100 % confirm Casey wrote it, or that it was in reference to the death of her child, but come on, seriously?

Caylee’s remains were found that December near Anthony’s house. Duct tape and pastic bags were also found in Casey Anthony’s home. They also found traces of possible human decomposition and chloroform in the trunk of her car. So she obviously called up Scott Peterson for some advice on how to avoid detection. In addition, her computer apparently had google searches of the terms "neck breaking," "how to make chloroform," and "death". She should have googled "getting rid of evidence".




They defense has already started playing the “She was sexually abused” card saying she was diddled by her dad. Sad, and all, but not a defense for killing her child. This is probably right before they bring out the big guns: the pretty white girl defense. Nevertheless, I am curious to see where this one goes.

So there you go. Why I hate Kesha and why I would make an awful juror.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments: