Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Blog (in progress)

Here's a fun equation for you: Jon & Kate + 8 - Jon = Kate + 8 - 8 - Kate = More time for shows about cake.

However, if you're a fan of reality shows about people with too many children, I read that Octomom is getting her own reality show. It will be called "Octomom + 14 – Personal Responsibility + California Tax Payer's Money.

I also want to make a shout out to my college buddy Jon Gosselin who, by coincidence, has the same name as Jon of "Jon + Kate", and has received hate mail from a confused Florida resident. While I sympathize, I gotta say, if Floridians are writing hate mail, at least they're not driving, and that's good for everyone!

Digital Cameras at a Steal!

Rental car company contracts come with the disclaimer that they are not responsible for items that are lost or stolen while the car is in your possession. What I failed to realize is that this apparently gives them a right to steal from you and hide behind their words. This happened to me a few months back when I rented a car. I left my digital camera in the back seat. The camera case was black, the interior was black and I was in a hurry. I admit error. However, about 30 minutes after dropping the car off, I realized my camera was gone.

I immediately called the rental company and was told that they found a camera matching my description and would be sending it to Boston where their Lost and Found is based. I was given the name of a woman who I was to contact and she would send my camera back to me once it arrived in Boston. The problem is that it never arrived. Upon follow up, I learned that she got some rinky dink disposable, but not my camera. I was told there was nothing they could do and they were not responsible for my lost camera. I am positive they found it and just kept it because they could. Unfortunately, I had to catch my flight and did not have the time go back and retrieve my camera. Even more unfortunately, my flight ended up being delayed for a couple hours and I could have easily gotten my camera had I known this ahead of time.

Next time you’re renting a car, please be careful. There is no guarantee you will get your item returned to you, even if they do have a lost and found department…especially if it is with Dollar Car Rental. Goddamn thieves.

The House

I own a house. My pups have a yard. I am building equity. I bought an 8' foot ladder. I have a lawnmower. I installed stainless steel hardware on my cabinets. I have a mortgage. I have to pay for water! I have been to Home Depot about 100 times in the last 3 weeks. I have primer on my hands right now. There are about 900 shades of beige exterior paints. A bedroom must have a closet in it to be considered a bedroom. I own hurricane shutters. I know what a backsplash is. I care about tiles. I watch HGTV. To be continued....

Rabies, baby!

I watched the movie Quarantine a couple months back and I was telling my buddy about it. He remarks, “Yeah, I saw it. It makes you really think twice about rabies.” So I wondered, twice? What was your first thought about rabies?

Before: Yeah, rabies are ok.
After: Oh wait. No.

No comments: